Greenbrier, Old White Course, is a Resort, 18 hole golf course located in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.
The course first opened for play in 1914. Charles Blair Macdonald, "the father of American golf course architecture," designed the course and modeled several holes from some of the most famous European holes. The Old White TPC Course's Hole 8 was styled after the Redan at North Berwick; Hole 13 after the Alps at Prestwick; and Hole 15 after the Eden at St. Andrew's.
The course was named after the well-known Old White Hotel, which stood on the grounds from 1858 to 1922.
The 175-yard 18th hole, which plays over water, was changed as part of the restoration and renovation following the devastating floods of 2017 that ravaged the resort. Architect Keith Foster and his staff went back to old photographs of the original C.B. Macdonald design and took out the swale within the green, replacing it with more of a thumbprint design to open up more pin placements.
Gold tees: par-70, 6,826 yards, 73.7 / 137
Blue tees: par-70, 6,369 yards, 71.4 / 136
White tees: par-70, 5,833 yards, 69.3 / 130(M), 75.2 / 138(W)
Red tees: par-70, 5,034 yards 69.5 / 129
Latest Golf Course Reviews