Fort Jackson Golf Club opened in 1949, with the original 18 hole Wildcat Course designed by George Cobb. In 1991, Arthur L. Davis added 20 new holes to 16 of the original holes adding The Old Hickory Course.
The Fort Jackson Golf Club is considered by many one of the finest golf operations the military has to offer.
The Wildcat Course plays 5,426 yards from the red tee markers and backs up to 6,721 yards from the Championship tees. The course offers generous fairways, strategically placed bunkering as it winds its way through the rolling hills and South Carolina pines. The 17th tee offers the player a beautiful view of the Columbia, SC skyline.
Member (cart included), played on Sunday, October 2011 at 10am
Open to public. Car title and proof of insurance necessary to get in gate. Challenging, but fun course with little or no water to speak of. Six tees ranging from 4431 to 6721 yards. New superintendant has done a great job over past year. Good improvements. (A 2nd course, Old Hickory, on the premises - ranges from 4058 to 6618 yards).
Latest Golf Course Reviews