The White Course at Penn State Golf Courses opened in 1921. Professors, Bob Rutherford and R.D. Pryde, laid out nine holes on the west end of campus. Nine additional holes were laid out in 1922 by Willie Park, Jr., with the work being completed in 1926. While keeping the general layout of the initial nine holes, Park significantly altered the greens and bunkers to match his own style of design.
The Blue Course at Penn State Golf Courses opened in 1965. The course was designed by James Harrison and Ferdinand Garbin.
Both courses were rerouted and rennovated in 1993 by Ault, Clark & Associates including the addition of 6 new holes. The work yielded an excess 6-hole combination of 3 holes from both the Blue Course and the Red Course that became a 6-hole practice course named the Nitty Course. The Nitty Course closed in 2002.
The Penn State Golf Courses are ready to provide you with the very best the game has to offer. The challenging 7,214 Yard Par 72 Blue Course offers risk and reward to the veteran golfer and its alternative the 6,344 yard Par 72 White Course offers something for everyone Preferred rates are available for faculty, staff, alumni, and students.
Latest Golf Course Reviews