Twin Hills Golf & Country Club, is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Twin Hills golf course first opened for play in 1923. The course was designed by Perry Maxwell.
The history of Twin Hills dates back to 1920 when five oilmen (Al Maidt, Bob Conliff, Gus Mattison, Leslie Norris, and Bill Buchholz) commissioned Perry Maxwell to design and build the course on its present 160-acre site. Soon after completing the course, these founders sold the course to the Dorset Carter family.
It is believed that Dorset Carter purchased the club in 1921 for his son, Keefe Carter. Keefe was an accomplished golfer. In fact, he won the prestigious Western Open in 1925.
This Daily Oklahoman newspaper account, published on August 7, 1921, describes the early plans for the clubhouse that is still in use today:
The building will be constructed of native stone. Cost is estimated at about $40,000, Carter said. The professional's shop will be located on the first floor, along with the locker and shower room. The clubhouse will have locker facilities for 240 players with eight showers.
The official founding date of Twin Hills is 1923. This date coincides with the date the clubhouse was completed.
The club was officially incorporated as member-owned in 1946.
Twin Hills has hosted several prestigious tournaments over the years including the Western Amateur, PGA Championship, Western Jr. Open, Oklahoma City Open, National USGA Jr. Championship, and NAIA National Championship and has hosted some of the world's greatest golfers including some of history's greatest players-- Arnold Palmer, Gene Sarazen, Gene Littler, and many more.
Championship tees: par-72, 6,857 yards, course ranking 74.2, slope ranking 133.
Middle tees: par-72, 6,475 yards, course ranking 72.3, slope ranking 130.
Ladies tees: par-74, 5,658 yards, course ranking 75, slope ranking 140.
$76 (cart included), played on Sunday, September 2009 at noon
Latest Golf Course Reviews