Catawba Island Club is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Catawba Island Club first opened for play in 1928.
Catawba Island Club is a prestigious private club located on Lake Erie's Ohio Shore. Originally established in 1928 as The Catawba Cliffs Beach Club, Inc. as a family 'outdoors' club for the Catawba Cliffs community developed by the J.H. Bellows Company. The facility was purchased in the fall of 1967 by James Stouffer Sr., son of Stouffer Foods founder Vernon Stouffer, and reopened in the Spring of 1968 as Catawba Island Club.
Golf traditions at Catawba Island Club dates to 1928 when there was 9-hole golf course associated with the Catawba Cliffs Community and the Catawba Cliffs Beach Club. Today CIC offers an Arthur Hills designed golf course.
Member (cart included), played on Tuesday, July 2014 at 2pm
The Catawba Island Club Course (private club course) was redesigned from a 9 hole course to a true championship 18 hole course and finished around 2006 - (this website needs to update its info as it still shows this to be a 9 hole course with no noteable designer). The new design incorporated bit of the old course, but for the most part is a brand new Arthur Hills design that utilized much additional open property across the road from the original course connected by a tunnel. It finishes on one of the original holes that was redesigned by Arthur Hills. It is a beautiful layout and playable for most all levels of players. The only one drawback is that the practice range is a 4-5 minute cart ride at the far end of the course from the proshop; so many times one simply skips any warm-up (the plan is to move the proshop sometime in the future to proximity to the practice area).
Latest Golf Course Reviews