Edgewood Golf Club is a Semi-Private, 18 hole golf course located in North Canton, Ohio.
Edgewood Golf Club first opened for play in 1922. The course was designed by Brian Huntley.
This is a wide-open course, but the fairways are tree lined, so hooks and slices may find itself obstructed by a tree. Some of the average-sized greens are elevated.
Blue tees: par-70, 6,102 yards, 67.6 / 104
White tees: par-70, 5,810 yards, 66.0 / 102
Red tees: par-74, 5,378 yards, 68.8 / 110
The course closed October 31, 2013.
First Christian Church bought the 114-acre, 18-hole golf course off Market Avenue N in 2002 for $5.1 million. It built a church campus on the property, which opened in 2006. That left 70 remaining acres for a nine-hole course. Due to financial problems, the church restructured its mortgage into a lease with the Church Development Fund, which controls CDF Holdings, and turned over ownership of its church complex and the golf course to CDF at the end of 2012.
In early 2013, local developers Bob DeHoff and Bill Lemmon signed a purchase agreement to buy the golf course property from CDF along with 10 adjoining acres at an undisclosed price. The developers wanted to build hundreds of residential units — apartments, villas and single-family homes — along with a senior assisted living facility on the property.
Latest Golf Course Reviews