Quogue Field Club is a Private 9 hole golf course located in Quogue, New York.
Quogue Field Club Golf Course first opened for play in 1887. The course was designed by R. B. Wilson. In 1901, a new 9 was constructed a short distance from the original layout. Tom Bendelow was the course architect. The course opened with 9-holes but was expanded to 18 holes with by James Hepburn.. The course was reduced back to 9 holes after the destruction caused by a hurricane in 1938.
The course is a rather flat links-style design. The course starts and ends with par-5s. In between are two par=3's, # 2 with a punch bowl and # 4 with a hybrid Birratz / Redan feature. The remaining 5 holes are all par-4's. Number 3 has a church-pew bunker complex along the left side of the fairway.
Par for the course is 36. From the back tees, the course plays to 3,159 yards. From the forward tees, the course measures 2,654 yards. The longest hole on the course is # 9, a par-5 that plays to 534 yards. The shortest hole on the course is # 2, a par-3 that plays to 148 yards from the back tees.
Watch out for # 5, a 412-yard par-4 challenge and the #1 handicap hole on the course. The easiest hole at Quogue Golf Course is # 2, the 148 yard par-3.
The course offers a second set of tee locations allowing golfers to play a double loop 18 hole round.
Latest Golf Course Reviews