Oakland Golf Club first opened for play in 1924. The sand green course was converted to grass greens in the late 1940s and expanded to an 18-hole country club in 1993. The course was designed by Jim White.
The Oakland Golf Course draws members from a 50-mile radius. Oakland Golf Club welcomes daily fee players. Oakland/Craig girls and boys golf teams, along with boys teams from Lyons/Decatur, use the facility as their home course.
Twelve of the greens are undulating, and the other six are fairly flat. The signature hole at Oakland Golf Course is #15, a 365-yard, par 4, requiring a tee shot up a dogleg right fairway. In addition, a creek flows along the right side of hole #15's fairway and then cuts in front and around the back of the green. Huge trees frame the green, knocking many shots into the creek.
The golf course at Oakland Golf Club plays to 6,606 yards and a par-72 . The course rating is 70.5 and the slope rating is 119.
$36 (cart included), played on Sunday, June 2013 at 10am
great fairways and greens
Latest Golf Course Reviews