Old Warson Country Club, is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Saint Louis, Missouri.
The Old Warson Golf Course opened for play in 1955. The course was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr.
The course was built on rolling terrain and has tree-lined fairways. The large greens are undulating, and water hazards come into play on six holes. The constant beautification, maturation of landscaping and development of the grounds and clubhouse has produced the great club that exists today. The club hosted the 1971 Ryder Cup.
Blue tees: par-71, 6,718 yards, 74.5 / 144
White tees: par-71, 6,439 yards, 71.4 / 137
Gold tees: par-71, 5,681 yards, 68.7 / 131
Red tees: par-74, 5,649 yards, 72.6 / 121
Old Warson Country Club is an elite private club, they abide by traditional club policies for membership. Membership is by invitation only. Potential members must be sponsored by an active member and be approved by the Board of Directors.
From June 2006 St. Louis Magazine private golf courses article _____
"Anyone who has passed beneath the porte-cochere of one of St. Louis' private clubs can recite the hierarchy. At the pinnacle: St. Louis Country Club for WASPs, Westwood for Jews. Next, Old Warson, more Catholic, formed to cut business deals that were considered too vulgar for SLCC. Then Bellerive, old money gone corporate".
Latest Golf Course Reviews