Ortonville Golf Club is a Public, 18 hole golf course located in Ortonville, Minnesota.
The Ortonville Public Course offers 18 holes with watered fairways. The par 72 course has a scenic variety of par 3, 4, and 5 holes. Four ponds and treacherous bunkers add to the beauty and challenge of the course.
The first nine holes of the course originated in 1922 on 61 acres east of Ortonville. In 1939, 86 acres were purchased overlooking beautiful Big Stone Lake for the development of a new course. In 1974 the second nine holes were established on land donated by Vince and Marguerite Stegner of Ortonville. The design was the work of Charles Ankrom. The new 18-hole golf course, as it is now, was dedicated on Sept. 11, 1977. Beautiful additions to the course are granite benches built from rock that was quarried from local quarries and were donated by Ortonville and Big Stone City families and businesses.
This is a demanding course. Water hazards come into play on a majority of holes. The fairways are lined with oak and pine trees. The greens are small and fast.
Latest Golf Course Reviews