Franklin Hills Country Club is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Franklin, Michigan.
Franklin Hills Country Club first opened for play in 1927. The course was designed by Donald Ross.
In 2003, the golf course was renovated by Ron Pritchard, who is recognized for his classical course designs and his specialty, restoring renowned Donald Ross golf courses.
The trademarks of a Ross design are evident at Franklin Hills. His effortless designs use the existing natural landscape to challenge golfers of all skill levels. His greens invite run – up shots but will give the overly bold golfer fits with trouble over the greens. Accurate iron play, precise handling of the short game and consistent putting are part of the Ross test.
The work involved bunker restoration, rebuilding of the tee complexes, tree elimination and extensive green work to recapture the size and shape of the original Ross prints. Pritchard also added transition areas around the green extended the yardage of the course close to 200 yards.
This old-style course is very hilly, so you can expect some uneven lies. The course was built on the natural terrain. The greens are fast. Water hazards coming into play on four holes. The fairways are tree lined, and the elevated greens are undulating and multi-tiered.
Latest Golf Course Reviews