Winchester Country Club first opened for play in 1902. The immediate predecessor of the Club was the Winchester Golf Club started in 1897 and using a small nine-hole course on leased land near Winter Pond. In 1902. its members formed the Winchester Golf Club and bought the Stephen Swan farm of about sixty acres, the property on which the Club house stands. Successive purchases of more property was acquired until about 175 acres were owned. In 1916 the nine-hole course became an eighteen-hole course. The course was designed by Donald Ross
This classic Donald Ross designed course was built on hilly terrain, so you can expect many uneven lies. The greens are average-sized and surrounded by numerous sand bunkers.
Par for the course is 71. From the back tees the course plays to 6,722 yards. From the foward tees the course plays to 5,457 yards and a par of 74. The longest holes on the course is # 2 and # 13, par-5s that play to 525 yards. The shortest hole on the course is # 14, a par-3 that plays to 149 yards from the back tees.
Watch out for # 8, a 458 yard par-4 challenge and the #1 handicap hole on the course. The easiest hole at Winchester Country Club is # 14, the 149 yard par-3.
Latest Golf Course Reviews