Courses At Fort Meade, is a Military, 27 hole golf facility located in Fort Meade, Maryland. The Facility has an 18 hole courses and a nine hole course. The Parks Course is the 18-hole courses and The Applewood Course is the 9-hole golf courses.
The Parks Course opened in 1950 with 18 holes, a driving range, putting green and club house, the course hosted President Dwight D. Eisenhower, among other notable players. Eighteen more holes were added in 1956 with the opening of The Applewood Course.
The Parks Course was designed by Major Robert B. McClure and The Applewood Course was designed by George Cobb.
Both courses provide the average golfer the opportunity for scoring a low round.
The Parks Course __________
The front nine on the Parks Course is wide open and its greens are large and fast. Two holes have water in play on the Parks Course.
Blue tees: par-72, 6,811 yards, 72.0 / 118
White tees: par-72, 6,295 yards, 72.0 / 118
Red tees: par-72, 5,333 yards, 72.0 / 118
The Applewood Course __________
The facility lost nine holes from The Applewood Course as well as the driving range in the 2005 base realignment to make room for the Defense Information Systems Agency and the Defense Media Activity headquarters. As an 18-hole course, Appelwood was a par-72 course that stretched to 6,641 yards. As a 9-hole course, Applewood was reconfigured to a par-37 that plays to a maximum distance of 3,235 yards.
The Golf Course at Fort Meade closed May 1, 2012, after more than six decades of play.
The Golf facility closed to accommodate needed building construction at the rapidly growing installation.
$21 (cart included), played on Thursday, September 2009 at 8am
Latest Golf Course Reviews