Brunswick Golf Club was established in 1888 by Brunswick Republicans, we believe the original name of the club was actually "The Republican Club." The first written reference of the golf course was in 1898 when the first Annual Patriots Day Tournament was held. The course was originally only 9 holes, and this nine was re-designed by the team of Wayne Stiles and John Van Kleek in the 1920's, and because of the superb natural drainage, Brunswick Golf Club was always the first golf course open in the State and the "Pop Erswell" Patriots Day Tournament was always the first tournament, which is still held annually to this day.
In the early 1960's the course was extended to 18 holes. The front and back nines offer contrasting styles and dimensions. The front side, designed by Geoffrey Cornish in the 1960's, is the longer of the two. At par 37 it will test every club in your bag with its three par 5s and the signature par 3 fourth hole with water along the entire right-hand side!
The back nine is shorter and more open. At par 35 it offers plenty of birdie opportunities. Both nines are very â€œplayableâ€ from the championship, regular, womenâ€™s or senior tees.
Brunswick Golf Club today plays to a par-72 and maximum distance of 6,543 yards.
Latest Golf Course Reviews