Frances E. Miller Memorial Golf Course is a Public 18 hole golf course located in Murray, Kentucky.
Frances E. Miller Memorial Golf Course first opened for play in 1982. The course was designed by Jack Kidwell and Michael Hurdzan.
Par for the course is 72. From the back tees the course plays to 6,592 yards. From the forward tees the course measures 5,058 yards. The longest hole on the course is # 12, a par-5 that plays to 534 yards. The shortest hole on the course is # 16, a par-3 that plays to 171 yards from the back tees.
The course has numerous sand bunkers. The outward nine is set on hilly terrain and requires pinpoint accuracy from tee to green, whereas the inward half rewards length and accurate long iron play. Water comes into play on some holes and their are several fairways with doglegs.
Miller Memorial is carved out of a beautiful 175 acre tract of land donated to the Murray State University Foundation in 1979 by L. D. Miller, a 1937 MSU Alumnus and prominent Murray businessman who died in 1992.
The course bears the name of his late wife, Frances Emerson Miller, an avid golfer who died in 1976. Miller later donated a clubhouse, modeled after his own home. Completed in 1990, the structure houses banquets and meetings at the course.
Miller Memorial Golf Course is part of Murray State University and home to both MSU Men's and Women's Golf Teams.
Latest Golf Course Reviews