Anderson Country Club is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Anderson, Indiana.
Anderson Country Club is on North Madison. It was built in 1901 on the grounds that once served as a Civil War training camp.
The club was very exclusive in the early years. In the 1920's,
Charles Wilson, the new manager of Remy Electric Company, was refused membership, so he planned to organized his own social club on grounds near the Mounds. This failed when the Madison County Historical Society petitioned the state to buy the Mounds land for historical preservation and public use.
The Anderson Country Club later became less restrictive because of financial hard times and Wilson was accepted into it. The additional Remy memberships that he brought in revived the club and a new clubhouse was built and the golf course was enlarged from 9 to 18 holes.
Anderson Country Club facility plays to a par of 72 and a maximum distance of 6,654 yards for a course rating of 71.9 and a slope rating of 122.
Latest Golf Course Reviews