Twin Orchard Country Club is a Private, 36 hole golf facility located in Long Grove, Illinois, just 30 miles northwest of Chicago's Loop. Twin Orchard Country Club has two 18-hole golf courses on 250 acres of rolling fairways with views of Northern Lake County from some of the highest tees and greens in the area. The courses are: The Red Course and The White Course
Twin Orchard was originally founded on May 20, 1924 as the Chicago Golf Club. The Club was built on two farms located at Bryn Mawr Avenue and Wolf Road, consisting of 164 acres and included two large fruit orchards - hence the change of name to Twin Orchard prior to opening. In 1947, the Club was informed it would have to move, as they had to make way for the proposed O'Hare Airport. The move to Long Grove was completed in May of 1951.
Both of these courses have numerous sand bunkers, several water hazards, and plenty of trees incorporated into their designs. The Red Course, predominantly used by the men, is the longer and more challenging course. The White Course is mainly played by the ladies, but men can play it if they wish. Larry Packard redesigned the White Course in 1966, and Ken Killian and Dick Nugent redesigned the Red Course in the 1970's.
Red Course __________
Blue tees: par-72, 6,697 yards, 72.4 / 128
White tees: par-72, 6,442 yards, 71.2 / 126
Red tees: par-72, 5.916 yards, 68.8 / 121
White Course __________
Blue tees: par-70, 6,200 yards, 70.4 / 125
Red tees: par-74, 5,661 yards, 73.4 / 129
Latest Golf Course Reviews