Geneseo Country Club is a Private, 9 hole golf course located in Geneseo, Illinois.
The golf course first opened for play in 1917 as a six hole course with sand greens.
In 1923 the Golf Club was formed. The Outing Club and the Golf Club became the Geneseo Country Club. The Outing Club and the Golf Club became the Geneseo Country Club. Approximately thirty more acres were added to make the nine hole course. In 1942 a group of men raised $3000 to purchase greens from a private club in Princeton Illinois. As in the early days the members did the work themselves, moving the greens from Princeton to replace the sand greens at the club. The greens were ready for play at the beginning of the 1943 season.
This short and narrow course is highlighted by the mature trees lining its fairways. The greens are small, and the fairways are well maintained. The course plays to a par-35 and maximum 9-hole distance of 2,680 yards.
Latest Golf Course Reviews