Martin County Golf & Country Club is a Public, 36 hole golf facility located in Stuart, Florida, in the heart of the Treasure Coast. The facility has two 18-hole golf courses. They have the rather uninspired names of The Gold/Blue Golf Course and The Red/White Golf Course.
The older of the two courses is The Red/White Golf Course. The course was designed in 1920 by William Langford, opened in 1925 and is listed on the Florida Historic Golf Trail.
The course was renovated in 1963 by Earnest Smith.
Several original holes from the William Langford layout are still in use today and follow the historic 1925 routing. These include holes on the Red Course - No. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and No. 15 on the White Course. The signature hole is #4, a long par 5. Two long shots are needed and your third shot is over water to a protected green.
The Red / White golf course plays to a par 72 and maximum distance of 6,436 yards. There are four sets of tees from which to choose. The forward tees measure 5,384 yards. The Red/White Course has sand bunkers protecting almost every green.
Latest Golf Course Reviews