Golden Ocala Golf Course, is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Ocala, Florida.
Golden Ocala Golf Course first opened for play in 1986. The course was designed by Ron Garl.
The course has eight tribute holes paying homage to Royal Troone, Augusta, St. Andrews, Muirfield and Baltusrol.
1. Hole #4, Par 3 (103-128 yards): Royal Troon #8, "The Postage Stamp"-An extremely small green and numerous bunkers make this hole challenging despite only playing 128 yards from the tips.
2. Hole #5, Par 5 (445-511): Muirfield #9-This "links" hole further transports you overseas to the British Isles. We were able to carry the bunkers in the middle and have a go (albeit unsuccessful) at the green.
3. Hole #6, Par 3 (140-179) Augusta #16-This is a beautiful par three with water and trees guarding the green. Try to leave the ball below the hole as the green has significant undulation from back to front.
4. Hole #11, Par 3 (134-160) Augusta #12-Jack Nicklaus called the 12th at Augusta, "the hardest hole in tournament golf." The 11th at Golden Ocala plays a bit easier with a more receptive green. However, the water is still in play and over the green is trouble.
5. Hole #12, Par 5 (458-491) Augusta #13-Unfortunately, this is probably the closest we''ll ever get to actually playing our favorite par 5 in the world. The 12th hole at Golden Ocala is a dogleg left and really looks like the famous, reachable par 5 on Augusta National''s hallowed back nine.
6. Hole #13, Par 4 (355-448) St. Andrews #17, "The Road Hole"-Golden Ocala actually constructed a stone wall, road bunker, and paved a road for this hole. The result is a difficult par 4 that requires two solid shots to reach the putting surface safely.
7. Hole #14, Par 4 (325-353) St. Andrews #1, "The First Hole In Golf"-If you watched the recent Open Championship then you likely noticed this straightforward hole that is the first hole at the ancient "Old Course" at St. Andrews in Scotland. A driver and wedge is all it takes to reach the hole. Make sure you clear the water and expect a fast putt if you''re behind the hole.
8. Hole #15, Par 3 (105-203) Baltusrol #4-The final replica hole at Golden Ocala is a challenging and lengthy par 3. It''s best to miss on the right side or over the green because short is either in the water or a bunker.
Black tees: par-72, 7,062 yards, 74.2 / 140
Blue tees: par-72, 6,629 yards, 72.8 / 136
White tees: par-72, 6,052 yards, 69.3 / 126(M), 75.5 / 140(W)
Green tees: par-72, 5,534 yards, 66.8 / 116(M), 71.9 / 127(W)
Gold tees: par-72, 4,552 yards, 66.5 / 116(W)
Guest (cart included), played on Friday, February 2010 at 10am
GOLDEN OCALA GOLF & EQUESTRIAN CLUB IS A PRIVATE CLUB..TOTALLY REDONE. MANY REPLICA HOLES. BEAUTIFUL CONDITION. GREENS FAST AND TRUE. 77,000 SQ FT CLUB HOUSE. WHATS NOT TO LIKE
Latest Golf Course Reviews