E. Gaynor Brennan Golf Course, is a Public, 18 hole golf course located in Stamford, Connecticut.
What is now E. Gaynor Brennan Golf Course first opened for play in 1922. It originally opened as nine holes and become 18 holes in 1925. The course was designed by Maurice McCarthy Sr. of New York. McCarthy also designed several other notable clubs, including Knickerbocker CC in New Jersey and Hershey CC in Pennsylvania. Primarily a golf professional, he also dabbled in architecture.
The course originally was built on 62 acres, but had up to 70 acres, its current size, by 1925.
The golf course became public in 1949 when it was purchased at foreclosure for $165,826 Originally a private course, it opened for play to Stamford residents on April 1, 1949.
The course was officially called the Hubbard Heights Golf Club from its inception in the '20s, until 1978. The name was changed that year to E. Gaynor Brennan, in honor of the former official who was Instrumental in purchasing the club in '49. Many locals still refer to it as "The Heights".
Blue tees: 5,931 yards, course rating 69.5, slope rating 121.
White tees: 5,577 yards, course rating 68.0, slope rating 118.
Red tees: 5,180 yards, course rating 71.4, slope rating 122.
Latest Golf Course Reviews