The Golf Course at Innis Arden Golf Club first opened for play in 1908. The course was designed by A.W. Tillinghast.
On November 11, 1899 Innis Arden Golf Club was organized by 64 charter members. They played on 9-hole course built by, and on the estate of J. Kennedy Tod. Mr. Todd decided in 1904 that he wanted his course to be truly private and locked the gates to the Innis Arden Golf Club members. The Innis Arden golfers were resourceful,and promptly organized the Sound Beach Golf and Country Club. Play resumed later in 1904 on a makeshift course in Shorelands (Shorlands is now Old Greenwich). In 1908 the Club moved to its present site on Tomac Avenue. Play on the new 9-hole course began in the summer of 1908. In 1925, the Club purchased additional land in expanding the golf course from 9 to 18 holes. In 1931, the club's name reverted to " Innis Arden." The Tomac Avenue course was designed by A.W. Tillinghast. It has in recent years been rennovated by Ken Dye.
This well-maintained course has narrow, demanding fairways, and small, well-protected greens. Water hazards come into play on all but one hole.
The golf course at Innis Arden Golf Club has a par-70 layout and plays to 6,155 yards. The course rating is 70.3 and the slope rating is 128 on Bent grass.
Blue tees: par-70, 6,024 yards, 70.3/128
White tees: par-70, 5,652 yards, 69.1 /125
Red tees: par-73, 5,254 yards, 72.6 /134
Latest Golf Course Reviews