Wellington Hills Golf Course, is a Public, 9 hole golf course located in Woodinville, Washington.
Wellington Hills golf course first opened for play in 1930. The course was designed by Robertson Wellington Crim.
Wellington Hills Golf Course plays to 2,567 yards and a par of 34.
Men's tees: - 2567 yards / 34 par / course rating 63.2 / slope rating 102.
Women's tees - 2567 yards / 34 par / course rating 67.8 / slope rating 107.
Wellington Hills Golf Course closed in October, 2012.
HISTORY of a course......
In 1904 Robertson Wellington Crim purchased the property on which Wellington Hills Golf Course was eventually built.
The land had been logged with oxen. There were still some trees, but mostly brush and wide open fields. On this land they built a small hose and worked the land to sustain them.
In 1916 they got a telephone, and in 1932 that they got electricity.
They ran the land as a farm until May 30, 1930 at which point they opened a nine hole course which had taken two years to build.
At first the golf course was kept up by using a team of horses to mow the fairways, the greens were weeded and mowed by hand.
They course was named Wellington Hills, after the owner, Robert Wellington Crim.
On September 15, 1930, Robert Wellington Crim, leased the property to Lonnie Morris Crim and Grace Salisbury Crim, his son and daughter in law. The lease was for a period of 25 years. The property was leased for $240 for the first year, $360 per year in year two and three and $720 yearl for year 4 through 25. Before the lease had expired, Robert passed away and his son inherited the property.
In 1958 they were required to sell 3 acres of the property to the State Highway Department for public use of roads. In 1962 4 acres were sold to Mr. and Mrs. Ronald W. Larsen, the owners grandchildren.
Latest Golf Course Reviews