Hidden Valley Country Club is a private 27-hole golf course located in Sandy, Utah. The facility has three 9-hole courses: The Lakes 9, The Valley 9, and The Mountain 9. They can be combined into 3 different 18-hole pairings.
Hidden Valley Country Club’s origins date back to the early 1920s when the club was known as the Fort Douglas Country Club. The clubhouse was located on private land near the University of Utah in the Fort Douglas area, and a golf course was constructed on public land nearby. Since the course was built on public land, it was later given to the University of Utah, and the course was no longer operated by Fort Douglas Country Club. In 1957, the club purchased nearly 300 acres of land along with good water rights at the present Hidden Valley location for its future golf course, and the club became known as Fort Douglas/Hidden Valley Country Club.
The original 18-hole golf course opened in the spring of 1959, and comprised what is today known as the Lakes nine and Valley nine courses. These 9s were designed by William Bell, Jr. clubhouse was completed in fall of that same year. The Mountain 9 opened in 1991 and was designed by William Neff.
Over the years, all 27 holes have been upgraded, modifications made and a new irrigation system added to make Hidden Valley’s 27-hole golf course, one of the most prestigious in the area.
The Club allows a maximum of 446 Equity members. Hidden Valley consistently places in the top 10 list of Utah Golf Courses year after year.
Latest Golf Course Reviews