In 1914, the Wichita Falls Golf Club was formed with a 9-hole course and clubhouse on Victory Street. The course was designed by Fred Cooper, a Scottish immigrant. The course was expanded to 18 holes in 1935. In 1994, holes 14 and 15 were renovated. Jeff Brauer and Ralph Plummer who had done design work at Wichita Falls Golf Club periodically over the years. In April 2008 Wichita Falls Country Club golf course closed for extensive course enhancement and renovations by D.A. Weibring and Steve Wolfard. On December 6th 2008 Wichita Falls Country Club golf course re-opened to its members.
The layout features a good mixture of holes, with a creek winding its way through the course and coming into play on more than half of the holes. A small lake also impacts a few holes. The fairways are tree-lined and there is a moderate amount of bunkering. While some tee shots require the precision for target golf, others are wide-open and offer generous landing areas.
This course features both target holes and holes which afford generous landing areas. Many of the fairways are tree lined, some have fairway bunkers, and trees that will block your approach shot to the greens on two different occasions. A creek winds its way throughout the course and comes into play on ten holes, sometimes twice on the same hole. There is also a small lake that comes in play on a couple of other holes.
Black tees: par-72, 6,722 yards, 72.5/132
Blue tees: par-72, 6,387 yards, 71/126
White tees: par-72, 5,674 yards, 69.7/115
Red tees: par-72, 5,293 yards, 65.6 /109
Latest Golf Course Reviews