Ridglea Country Club is a Private, 36 hole golf facility located in Fort Worth, Texas. The facility has two 18-hole golf courses. They are The North Course (The Family Course) and The South Course (The Championship Course).
The North Course is an old, traditional course that features narrow fairways and small greens. The North Course first opened for play in 1928. The North Course was designed by John Bredemus.
The North Course was purchased in the early 1950s by a developer who envisioned a world class country club. That club was Ridglea Country Club. Before opening in 1954 the name was changed to Ridglea Country Club. the golf course was completely refurbished and improved. The course opened officially on September 1, 1954. It measured 6,138 yards from the back tees and played to a par of 71. Over the years the course has been expanded and today it measures 6,447 yards with par still being 71.
In 1967, the South Course, The Championship Course, designed by Ralph Plummer, and the Championship Clubhouse were opened and designated "For Men Only". The course played 7,200 yards from the championship tees and 6,300 yards from the executive tees, with a 72 par.
Ridglea Country Club affords offers their members two of the finest golf facilities in Dallas/Fort Worth. The Family Course and the Championship Course are both challenging tests of golf for the seasoned player, but at the same time are very fair and enjoyable for the recreational player. Each course is complete with a driving range, short game area and indoor teaching facility. In addition, each course offers it's own golf shop stocked with the latest technologies in golf equipment and apparel.
Latest Golf Course Reviews