Huntingdon Valley Country Club is a Private, 27 hole golf facility located in Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania. The facility has three nine hole tracks (Toomey, Flynn, and Centennial) that can be played in three different eighteen hole pairings.
The course in their current location first opened for play in 1928. The course was designed by William S. Flynn.
This club was originally organized in June of 1897 and incorporated October 20, 1898. It began as a nine hole course built around the intersection of Susquehanna and Valley Roads. Shortly thereafter it was expanded to eighteen holes by acquiring land toward York Road. This location is within about three miles of the current location. Originally surrounded by large estates, the advent of the automobile and local development of land increased traffic and made play difficult because six holes crossed roads. Plans were put into effect to move to its present site in the mid 1920's. Play started on the twenty-seven hole layout on April 14, 1928, but the Centennial nine was abandoned for play in 1935. The Centennial nine was rebuilt years later and reopened for play in 1999.
Latest Golf Course Reviews