Waccabuc Country Club, is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Waccabuc, New York.
Waccabuc Country Club first opened for play in 1912. The Waccabuc Country Club was established on September 18, 1912. The clubhouse was originally a private home that, in 1912, was converted into the Lake Waccabuc Inn, a country resort/retreat. One of the first things the new owners did was build and nine hole golf course.
In 1923 the course was expanded to 18 holes by George Gullen. George remained golf course superintendent until his retirement in 1955.
Alfred H. Tull redesigned the course in 1967.
It was also proposed in 1923 that Lake Waccabuc Inn be taken over and operated as a facility exclusively for the club members. The takeover officially took place in 1927 and included the leasing of approximately 200 acres of land including the boathouse on Lake Waccabuc and its surrounding property. The Club facilities were official purchased by the members in 1960 for $200,000. Henry Wallace, former Vice President of the United States during FDR's 3rd term, was among the original purchasers of the club.
The course has a tight front nine and a wide open back nine. The signature hole is #18, a 400-yard, par 4, featuring a great view of the clubhouse. Water hazards (three ponds) come into play on two holes.
Blue tees: par-70, 6,422 yards, 70.9 / 127
White tees: par-70, 6,255 yards, 70.0 / 122
Red tees: par-74, 6,000 yards, 71.9 / 119
Latest Golf Course Reviews