Ives Hill Country Club is a Private 18 hole golf course located in Watertown, New York.
The golf course dates back as far as 1897 under the name of Jefferson County Golf Club. The course was a nine hole layout designed by Maurice McCarthy.
In 1953, Jefferson County Golf Club was officially renamed Ives Hill Country Club. During the earlier years (1897 - 1953) the club underwent numerous transformations and changes to the playing grounds. In 1919, a nine acre parcel of land was purchased across Ives Street in order to add length to the course. In 1920, the golf course was redesigned by New York Architect Peter D. Lees. During this reconstruction, nearly all of the nine holes were changed and six of the greens were moved to new locations.
In 1968 - 1969 initial steps were taken towards expansion to an 18 hole golf course. New York's well-known Geoffrey Cornish was hired as the architect. In 1972 - 1973 the new nine holes were constructed to suit the new Cornish design. In July of 1974, the new nine holes were open for play.
This is a Scottish links-style course. The greens are undulating and difficult to read. There are three ponds that come into play on four holes.
Green tees: par-72, 6,646 yards, 71.7 / 123
White tees: par-72, 6,066 yards, 69.8 / 117
Gold tees: par-73, 5,135 yards, 66.8 / 115(M), 71.5 / 123
Member (cart not included), played on Wednesday, September 2009 at 2pm
Latest Golf Course Reviews