Framingham Country Club is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Framingham, Massachusetts.
The front nine has tight, tree-lined fairways on hilly terrain, and the back nine has open fairways and more hills than the front. There is a stream that flows throughout the course that comes into play on seven holes.
Black tees: par-72, 6,682 yards, 73.7 / 136
Blue tees: par-72, 6,255 yards, 71.7 / 133
White tees: par-72, 5,699 yards, 68.9 / 124
Green tees: par-73(W), 5,400 yards, 72.7 / 124
Framingham Golf Club, organized in the early 1890's, and formalized in 1898, built a clubhouse and played on its nine hole Pincushion Links until the members incorporated as Framingham Country Club in 1902, and moved to the present location at Gates Street.
The 1902 course was nine holes, 2300 yards and designed by Arthur C. Blanchard, landscape gardener.
In the 1930s, the construction of Route 9 forced a redesign.Three holes north of the old clubhouse were reduced to two and seven holes were moved south of Gates Street. This project was supervised by Donald J. Ross.
In the 1950s, another redesign, adding two holes to the west, put all nine holes together south of Gates Street, due to the sale of the clubhouse and two holes. This project was supervised by Orrin E. Smith, architect.
In 1960, the second nine holes, designed by William F. Mitchell, opened south of Parker Road.
In 1968, the front nine was again changed by adding two holes farther to the west allowing two fairways to become today's practice area. Geoffrey Cornish was the architect for this project.
By the late 1960s, Framingham Country Club was what it is today with its clubhouse, the front nine with four holes out and five returning, two practice fairways, and with the second nine across Parker Road.
Latest Golf Course Reviews