Washington Park Golf Course is a Public 9 hole golf course located in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
Acquired in 1920, this park at one time had a 9-hole golf course next to the Cedar River and has a large open play field. With land donated by Henry Pfeiffer and a gift of $10,000 to build the golf course with the stipulation that the park be named for his Brother, Washington Pfeiffer. This park is adjacent to an interesting stretch of river, with opportunities for observation of migratory birds wintering on the open river and views of activity along the popular recreation trail on the opposite bank.
The course was redesigned in 1950 by Garrett Gill.
This executive course is easy for seniors to walk. There are several mature trees spread throughout the course, and two ponds that come into play. This course is great for beginning golfers and experienced ones who wish to work on their short game. Men and ladies use the same set of tees.
Par for the course is 31. From the back tees the course plays to 1,981 yards. The longest hole on the course is # 3, a par-4 that plays to 375 yards. The shortest hole on the course is # 9, a par-3 that plays to 94 yards from the back tees.
Watch out for # 3, this 375 yard par-4 challenge is the #1 handicap hole on the course. The easiest hole is # 9, the 94 yard par-3.
The golf course was permanently destroyed and closed by the 2008 floods.
Latest Golf Course Reviews