Laporte Country Club. Elks Golf Course, Beacon Hills Golf Club
Legacy Hills Golf Club is a Public, 18 hole golf course located in La Porte, Indiana .
Legacy Hills Golf Club first opened for play in 1904 as the Laporte Country Club. a 6 hole course laid out by L. Auchter Torris. In 1940 the course was purchased by the local Elks Club and was known as The Elks Golf Course. In 1980, upon the dissolution of the Laporte Elks Club, the then-named Elks Golf Course came under new ownership and was renamed Beacon Hills Golf Club. The course was purchased by the investment group Beacon Hills Golf Club, Inc. along with a considerable amount of land across the street. The land across the street was used to expand the course to 18 holes. The new back nine was designed by Ernest Schrock and opened for play in 2006. The 18-hole course is now named Legacy Hills Golf Club.
The two nines are different from one another. The front nine is well established with mature trees, a park like feel, and a very good challenge. The back nine has a very different wide open look.
Tournament (blue) tees - 6,600 yards
Men's (white) tees - 6,100 yards
Senior (green) tees - 5,600 yards
Women's (red) tees - 5,100 yards
Latest Golf Course Reviews