St. Clair Country Club, is a Private, 18 hole golf course located in Belleville, Illinois.
The Club was founded in 1909. It was not until August 16, 1911, that the initial 63 acres of ground were purchased from Judge E.C. Kramer at a cost of $12,000.00. A nine-hole golf course was constructed on what basically in now the back nine with the present No. 10 being the first hole.
In 1921 and 1922 most of the ground was purchased for the present front nine and the remaining tracts were bought in 1927, resulting in approximately 169 acres currently owned by the Club. The 18-hole golf course was completed in 1927. The course was designed by William Langford and Theodore J. Moreau.
The course has matured into one of the very finest in the area. At 6411 yards from the championship tees the par 72 course is both challenging and enjoyable for golfers of all skill levels. The course is draped across rolling hills.
#18 is the signature hole, this 471 yard par-5 has a large hill posing as an obstacle in the center of the fairway.
Latest Golf Course Reviews