Patterson Club is a Private 18 hole golf course located in Fairfield, Connecticut.
The Patterson Club, was established in 1929 by General Electric employees. The club was formed as a social and dining club. In late 1945, the club purchased 163 acres from the Palmer family to expand its facilities to include golf. The property was home to Winthrop Palmer, the first woman to be elected a Connecticut state senator, and her husband Carlton. The Palmers purchased the property in 1930 from the original owner Franklin Banks and used the land which they named Quasset Farm to train hunting and jumping horses. The Patterson Club hired Robert Trent Jones to design its new golf course that opened on June 28, 1947.
The course was built on rolling terrain with tree-lined fairways. Stone walls run the entire length of some fairways. The well-bunkered sloped greens have a reputation for consistently being excellent condition.
Par for the course is 71. From the back tees, the course plays to 6,795 yards. From the forward tees, the course measures 5,683 yards. The longest hole on the course is # 5, a par-5 that plays to 552 yards. The shortest hole on the course is # 6, a par-3 that plays to 175 yards from the back tees.
Watch out for # 2, a 440 yard par-4 challenge and the #1 handicap hole on the course. The easiest hole is # 14, a 192 yard par-3.
The signature hole is #14, a 192-yard, par 3, requiring a downhill tee shot over water.
Latest Golf Course Reviews