The Choctaw Country Club golf course's original layout was built in the 1930's on a 99-acre tract and utilized sand greens. The original clubhouse was located where the present maintenance barn is on the west edge of the course. In the early 1960's, a new clubhouse was constructed and the course was redesigned utilizing bermuda grass greens and fairways. In 1979, the clubhouse burned to the ground. A new metal building clubhouse was built in 1979 which remains today.
Although the course is composed of only only nine holes, each hole has multiple teeing areas allowing for some interesting changes on each nine. The second, third and fourth holes are heavily protected by mature oak, elm and pine trees. Water comes into play on all but the first and second holes.
This course was built on rolling terrain. The fast greens are extremely small, and the fairways are plush. In addition, a lake comes into play on four holes. You may only walk this course on weekdays.
The Choctaw Country Club golf course plays to 3221 yards from the back tees and 2786 yards from the forward tees. extra tee locations are available for those who want to do a double loop 18 holes.
Latest Golf Course Reviews