Standard Club is a private 9-hole golf course located in Montgomery, Alabama.
The Standard Club was formed in 1871 as a downtown club during an era when Jews were not admitted to other clubs. The club building was built in 1894 across from the Davis Theater.
The club moved and added a nine-hole golf course in 1925 at the Narrow Lane Road location.
The Standard Club was the longtime Jewish country club in Montgomery. Its 10,000-square-foot clubhouse and a nine-hole golf course were fully active for almost 90 years. Membership dwindled as the membership aged and new country clubs without restrictive membership provided options not previously available. The club finally closed in 2004. An LLC bought the assets and developed the area into what is now the upscale Lockwood Subdivision of large homes.
Latest Golf Course Reviews