Jack L. Daray Sr. was a native of New Orleans who became a national figure in the golf world, primarily as a designer and builder of golf courses in America. Mr. Daray built the Biloxi Golf Club course in 1918 and Gulf Hills in 1925 and 1926. This Biloxi course was absorbed into Keesler AFB in 1941, and the former clubhouse later served as the Officer's Club for many years.
Additional golf links, which Jack L. Daray created include: White Pines East Course (1930)-Bensenville, Illinois; Castle Creek (1956)-Escondido, California; and Coronado Municipal Course (1957)-Coronado, California.
Mr. Daray was a charter member of The Golf Course Architects Society (ASGCA), which was formed in 1947.
His son, Jack Daray Jr. also took up the profession of golf course architect.